Pregnancy and Calm Birth Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy is very effective in helping expectant parents to be in a positive and useful mindset both during pregnancy and the birth of their baby.
When we approach birth feeling calm, positive and in control, we will produce all the right chemicals for labour.
In this way, we are less likely to need interventions. However, if we do decide to have interventions, we will make this decision based on a proper assessment of the situation, rather than panicking.
Pain also feels more acute if we feel tired, scared, worried or frightened, hypnotherapy can help you sleep better, it can also help avoid fear and anxiety.
During our sessions you will learn:
- about the brain and how to keep anxiety low.
- the role of the brain in the birth of your baby
- the role of positivity and the chemical response
- about the physiology & neurology of pain
- self-hypnosis to practise at home during pregnancy in preparation for the birth
- how your birth partner can support you
I will also give you 2 tracks and practice hypnosis every session, so you feel confident about using it independently ready for the birth.
It is all positive, relaxing and empowering. Please get in touch if you would like more information.
Please note this is not the same as Hypnobirthing and is not a full Antenatal preparation course.